Home page template with video stepthrough
This home page template removes the terror of the blank page. I’ve given you a guide for what should go where, that works well for desktop then stacks easily for hand held devices.
Write your pitch and have it ready. You’ll use this throughout this home page, broken down into areas that tell a clear story about who you are. Google likes around 300 words to read on a page – it helps the indexing bots swing through a page easily while running interference with image files and framework code.
Follow this template and take it, tweak it and make it your own.
Your home page has a few non negotiable jobs:
- it orients your user
- assures them they’re in the right place
- encourages visitors to spend time, by giving them a clear overview of you (google knows when visitors jump straight back to SERPs (search engine results page)
- shows visitors you are the solution to their issue (or the thought leader they need to collaborate with / book for a speaking event / sign up for more great content from)
- shows your Expertise, Authority and Trustworthiness
- funnels the visitor into your very next step of your sales funnel (to book a call, sign up for your download, purchase that product or engage with your services)
Most of my clients struggle with what to write on their home page, and what content they need to gather before they start. This template shows you what copy you need, what images and other functions support a great home page experience and will help you get online and on your way to a sustainable expert, authoritative business
DIY-ing your home page but not sure where to start? This template gives you:
- step by step guide to home page content best practice
- information about each content area that tells you what necessary part it plays in selling your service
- recommended word count for each content area – (google loves text for the bots to swing easily through)
- Peace of Mind.
Establish your Expertise, Authority and Trustworthiness with a Home Page that converts. Replicate the page for your business, or use this as a guide to design your own home page your way.
Showcase your business in the best way for your customers clients, audience, and for Search Engines. Sell your products and services. Reach your audience.